Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Talk Back: Make Your Predictions, and sound off on Song Choices

Here's the selections for this Sunday's Live Spectacular with a Movie Magic theme:

Kesha – There You'll Be / Faith Hill (Pearl Harbor)
Nicky – Searchin' My Soul / Vonda Sheppard (Ally McBeal)
Ayanda – Over the Rainbow / Judy Garland (Wizard of Oz)
Gift – Love is All Around / Wet Wet Wet (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
V – Crazy / Patsy Cline (Field of Dreams)
Pume – It Must Have Been Love / Roxette (Pretty Woman)
Nhlanhla – How Deep is Your Love / The Bee Gees (Saturday Night Fever)
Deidre – Holding on for a Hero / Bonny Tyler (Footloose/Shrek)
Karin – Can't Fight the Moonlight / LeAnne Rimes (Coyote Ugly)
Martelize – All By Myself / Jamie O’Neil (Bridget Jones’ Diary)

Some pretty good choices there. I think V is going to nail Crazy into the ground. With such an emotional song, this is her big chance to do some connecting with the audience - we'll see if she makes it happen. I think Gift will smoke "Love is All Around" (do I lose credibility points for confessing that I just love that song?) I'm a little concerned about Nhlanhla's choice. Not that I don't think he can pull it off, but those falsetto bits are going to be tricky. As with Gift's song last week, I'm not sure the song will work without the classic Bee Gees harmonization, but I was surprised last week, so you never know. All By Myself is an excellent choice for Martelize; I think she's definitely capitalizing on that "beautiful angst" that she captures so well. I don't have strong opinions either way on the rest of the choices, but I do think that they are mostly within the contestants' range, so there shouldn't be any painful stretches.

And, seeing as it's Wednesday, it's time to make your predictions... Who do you think will be outed on Monday night? Ayanda has been standing right on the line for a few weeks now, I think, although the announcement that Deidre was second-least-favorite last week throws me for a bit of a curve. However, that will probably ensure that those who are supporting her will throw some serious effort into floating her back above water, so my early prediction is, yet again, Ayanda. Especially with "Over the Rainbow" being a rather difficult song to pull off. But, tell me what you think!