Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Talk Back: Viewers' Song Choices; Who's Going Home next week?

Well the line-up for next week is out, and there are some interesting choices here:

Kesha: Reach, Gloria Estefan
Nicky: What’s Love Got To Do With It, Tina Turner
Ayanda: The First Time (Ever I Saw Your Face), Roberta Flack
Gift: Give Me The Night, George Benson
V: River Deep, Mountain High, Tina Turner
Deidre: Bed of Roses, Bon Jovi
Nhlanhla: Signed, Sealed, Delivered], Stevie Wonder
Karin: Close to You, The Carpenters
Martelize: Let The River Run, Carly Simon

The standouts:

Deidre and Bed of Roses are a great match, I think she'll do very well with this song. I can already hear her singing it, which might be a good sign.

Nhlanhla: Signed, Sealed, Delivered... For some reason, I could have *sworn* I had hear Nhlanhla sing this song somewhere along the way. It isn't listed at the site, but I'm thinking this was his solo audition during the Top 70 round. I can very clearly hear him singing it, and seem to remember that it was this song that first caught my attention. Either way, whether he has indeed sung it in the past or not, this is a perfect song for him, perfectly suited to his voice.

Nicky singing "What's Love Got to Do With It?" I think this is a pretty dangerous song choice for her. I really can't see it working. I've been wrong in the past though, so we can only wait and see... But my gut instinct is, she's going home this week.

Ayanda should do fairly well with her Roberta Flack number. She handled last week's song far better than I expected, so I think she might just stay in the game a little bit longer if she does as well this week.

"Close to You" for Karin is an interesting choice. I'm actually a little curious about how she'll do. Normally I have Karin pegged to do as well as she always has but this song is a little bit of a different animal. It will be interesting to see if she can reign her voice in to give this song the light, delicate sweetness that it needs. Not that I doubt that she'll sound great singing it, I just don't know whether she'll do it justice in her interpretation (if that makes any sense at all).

And again, V leaves me wondering if she'll really show us some real soul. Technically the song is easily within her grasp, and again she has the perfect platform to give her performance some emotional weight. She failed to impress me on the emotional front last week, will she do the same again?

Those are the choices that generate the strongest responses from me; the others I am fairly neutral on. And my oft-wrong pre-show prediction for elimination goes to Nicky, but as always, I reserve the right to change that after seeing Sunday's performances.

And as usual, I want to hear from you. What do you think of the song choices? Who do you think will be packing up on Monday night? Talk back by clicking the "Comments" link below!